Wednesday, April 15, 2009

A big date?

I am sorry I made everyone very sad by not posting for a while, but it has been busy busy here at the Thorntown Public Library, especially in the afternoons. My apple-tossing has become almost legendary, and I have had many visitors, big and small, who come to watch Karen fetch the little apple from the wastebasket (or floor).

Today I got tired of waiting for Karen to get the apple out of her drawer (I guess she thought she had more important things to do), so I got the apple out myself. I have had to do this twice today. I don't know what's going on with the work ethic around here, but things sure are slipping! I think I will address this at the next Staff Meeting!

I forgive Karen, though, because she brought me pictures of my beautiful girl-friend Kumari. Do you think maybe Kumari is getting cleaned up for a Big Date with me?




I got to try a wonderful, wonderful treat last week. Becki made something called Strawberry Short Cake, which the staff seemed to devour, but the best part is this white stuff she put on top of it. It's called Whipped Cream, and it tastes better than Paper! Better than Cords! Better than Catnip!

Okay, so NOT better than Catnip. . . but still, mighty tasty, and I hope there's lots more in my future! Here I am sampling (and liking):


The staff thinks that Whipped Cream is some kind of kitty caffeine because after I ate some I zipped up and down the stacks "like a fool"--NOT my words. I do everything very gracefully and in a dignified manner, so I don't know what they're talking about.

Glad to be back among the blogging,

Tober

6 comments:

Poppy Q said...

Hi Tober, your cream looked very tasty. I don't like human food, but will try a bit of cream and nibbles of ham.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Yum, yum. Strawberry shortcake. Well, forget the rest. We'll just take the whipped cream too.

The Island Cats said...

Hi ya, Tober! Whipped cream is my very favorite treat! Glad you got to try it too!

Wally

Tuck said...

Hi Tober! That whipped cream looks yummy!

Lucy Belle said...

Haha Tober! Like the rinse cycle much? We don't have a washer and dryer at home because we live in tall brick boxes so mommy brings me along to the laundromat. And I love watching the rinse cycle that goes round round round!

Fluffy and Bonkers said...

Tober, can you imagine having some catnip and THEN devouring that whipped cream treat? OH boy we've gotta try that!