Friday, June 4, 2010

Not Dead

Apparently my present for Assistant Assistant Boss Mommy Karen has caused some confusion. Angel-Tober was placed on the adult circulation desk next to a big vase of Flowers. No one thought anything about this until people started asking if I had Died.


The very Important interoffice communication that alerted staff of the need to inform people of my not-Deadness:
This evening I moved the ceramic likeness of Tober. . .the one with wings, AWAY from the vase of flowers. . .Emily had 2 people ask her this evening if our cat had died. . .

Now my Staff will be mentally prepared to answer the question "What happened to Tober?" when people come to the desk all concerned. (It is Very Nice of them to be concerned.) I'm thinking of marketing myself as a Ghost and then we could have a Haunted Library!

Here I am posing with little Angel-Tober.


Here is further Proof that I am Alive and Well:


We had a dismal situation here for the last week or so as the Catnip Supply was getting low and Staff resorted to Rationing. So I have been rewarded for my patience with a Bucket of 'Nip. I was allowed, for a brief moment, to plunge my head in and lick some directly from the Bucket to celebrate my Aliveness.

Not-Dead,

Tober

19 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Tober, maybe you should sit next to the angel kitty so people know you are still alive. We don't like the idea that they think otherwise.

And that bucket of nip is pawsome!! Now, you just hafta get that top off!!

SeaThreePeeO said...

It is very good to know that you're not dead!

Enjoy the nip!

Jans Funny Farm said...

We're glad you're alive, Tober. Nice to know so many were concerned enough to ask about you. You have fans.

Cat Mandu said...

What's the matter with those peoples? You are a whole lot more handsome than the ceramic thing.
Mandu

The Creek Cats said...

Hiya, Tober! Enjoy that nip!!

Charlemagne and Tamar said...

Goodness - we can see how people might have thought that if they only saw the angel kitty and not you. We're glad that you're alive and well and you have enought nip to last a little while!

Charlemagne and Tamar

Cindy said...

I am so glad you are not dead! I've never seen a bucket of nip before!

Noll's Nip said...

Loved your post. I'm sure I would have jumped to the same conclusion if I had seen the ceramic kitteh with wings. Have a another hit of that nip for me ;)

Amy & the house of cats said...

Well, we were confused by this at first. Since we aren't actually at the library, and in your last post you were obviously alive (but sleepy) we couldn't figure it out - but then we saw it was people visiting in person. It is great that they were concerned about you - but we are just happy you are still around! And it is great that you got to have the nip right from the bucket - and wow, it really is a big bucket of nip, isn't it!

The Kitty Krew said...

We are very happy that you are Not Dead, Tober. And it was very nice of people to be concerned enough to ask about you, it just proves your Importantness of Being the Boss of the Library. As if there was any doubt.

Thank goodness you got some new nip, or that deadness thing might have been a reality! :o

Purrs and hugs,
The Kitty Krew

The Whiskeratti said...

We're very happy to hear you are alive and nipping! BTW, we've found that the very best nip toys come from Cat Faeries. Very potent - we're huge fans of their hamsters.

The Whiskeratti said...

BTW, our the Mom wants to know: do you go home with someone at night or do you live full time at the library?

Katnip Lounge said...

Nip Rationing!?! That is a Bad Situation.

Tober, we are so glad you are Alive and have a NEW bucket-o-nip. Life is Good!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

You and angel kitty could be twins! Enjoy that bucket of nip!

Cheyenne -Millie said...

We are glad that you are very much alive Tober! We love that bucket of nip! And the ceramic kitty is cute ... but you are cuter!

Jemma and Tofu said...

Hi Tober, we just 'discovered' your blog and we will be subscribing for updates now -- you are too cute! I love Comic Catnip, too.

Meow,
Tofu

missfinn said...

You look great in real life :) Although that marketing strategy, I don't think it'll work :D

Have a great week ahead, my friend!!

Poppy Q said...

Tober, I gave you an award on my blog.

Smooches

Kitikata-san said...

Indeed Tober, you look very much alive! That is good! Wow, that must be some good 'nip! Meow :)