Friday, March 28, 2014

My Way

AAB Karen decided to take a whole day off today, which almost never-ever happens.  Apparently she had Important Non-Library Stuff to do, whatever that is.

So I'm stuck hanging out with rest of the staff.  They aren't too bad until it comes time to have snacks.

AB Christine is especially stingy, but I thought she might feel sorry for a hungry Library Cat with no thumbs.  So I hung out with her for the afternoon.

First I showed her my famous cord-chomping technique:


That's an old audio cable that I absolutely love biting on!  (It's wrapped around a $30 scratching post/ball chaser that I couldn't care less about.)

I hopped up on AB Christine's desk to chew on some papers and knock her writing utensils to the floor.  ALSO to stomp on her keyboard while she was editing a Word document (that always gets me some attention!).

She tried to distract me with some Feline Training Devices:

Yep, that's my Forever Pepper!
So I did this to make her AWWWW, 


and then I chewed the corners off the invoices I was sitting on.

No matter how involved I seem in my activities, I am always alert to the goings-on in my Library.  (Note the raised paw.  For some reason that always makes people AWWWW, too.  I use it to swat at people who aren't listening to my treat requests.)


After a while I resorted to staring.  Notice my Frown of Displeasure.  This photo was taken about a nanosecond before I meowed "Hey put down the flashy-box and get me some treats!"

Not an artsy shot.  Just a tilted photographer.

Repetition is the key to training these humans.  So I meowed repeatedly, and we seem to have made some progress.  I think I got her to reach in the treat drawer two times in one sitting, which is a Friday Miracle!

Thank goodness AAB Karen is back at work tomorrow.  

Weak, extra-rattly, empty-belly purrs,

Tober

PS - Today I taught AAB Becki that I do not like beef-flavored wet food.  That one is a little easier to teach.

6 comments:

Sparkle said...

Wow, Tober, you have to work awfully hard for treats when AAB Karen is not around!

Jo's World said...

Too bad for you Tober! If I want a treat, I just go to my Mom and meow a little bit and just like that, I have some num-nums. Sorry that your staff seems to respect your feelings so little. I would fire every last one of them if I were you.

Your friend,
Zkhat (aka Ziva Zophia)

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Yep, Tober, you do have them trained very well! Love your antics!

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

A whole day away from Tober?? how did she survive??

and how did you?? goodness, don't they know how important the treats are??

John Bellen said...

It's been too long since I've visited your site, Tober. This story made me laugh. You'd think all that activity would get you what you wanted.

I also wanted to thank you for your comments regarding Bear-Bear's ashes. We all end that way, I suppose, but it just seems so little of what once was so lively.

Jans Funny Farm said...

You are such a good teacher, Tober. Happy Easter to all of you.