Monday, November 17, 2014

Ideal

November is Turkey Time, right?


Well, here at Thorntown Public Library it's also Take Tober to the V-E-T to be Prodded and Stabbed Examined Time.

I had my Annual Examination with Dr. Jon and his minions at the Thorntown Veterinary Clinic. TVC has a dedicated staff of animal-botherers; you can visit the website and see all of their smiling mugshots.  

This visit was especially Awful since traitors AB Christine and AAB Karen reported to Dr. Jon that I've experienced some hair loss.  It's been a super-itch-inducing fall, so I've been grooming a lot extra. I guess I overdid it a bit, because I have some little bald patches.

This, apparently, was an invitation for Jon to poke, prod, smoosh, mash, and manhandle me even more than usual.  And I got an extra shot in the rear-end!  (That was AB Christine's fault.)

Here's how I greet Dr. Jon:

So.  We meet again.
Other than some less-than-furry patches, I am, again, a Picture of Feline Health.  My treat consumption of as-many-as-I-want per day is just fine, thankyouverymuch:

Ideal = Perfect

Do you see what that says?  Let me help:
5:  IDEAL    Well-proportioned; observe waist behind ribs; ribs palpable with slight fat covering; abdominal fat pad minimal.
 That's me!  The Feline Ideal!

So I guess the V-E-T isn't all bad.  Even though Dr. Jon insists on calling me a "senior" cat.  As long as that "senior" designation doesn't come with extra pokes, prods, and rear-end stabbings, I'm fine with it.

Not really.

Ideally yours,

Tober

6 comments:

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

You are definitely purrfect in every way, Tober!

Summer said...

I agree, Tober - you ARE ideal! Except for the extra stab, it sounds like your vet visit went well.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

hate to break this to you Tober, but often being a senior does come with some extra poking.. be aware it might come next year..

hope your bald patches are looking better soon

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...seniorz R s'pozed ta get social secatity chex...knot vet visitz...tho glad yurz wented sew well !! ♥

Team Tabby said...

Glad to hear that you survived the ordeal at the vet office, now you can get back to important things. As for being 'senior' all four of us are in that category....not so bad though.

Moe
Mindy
Cookie
Mike

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood...meowloz again, just stoppin bye bee fore we forgetz, ta say:

hope yur christmas tree.....
ree manez burd free.....

sendin R card.....
ee lect tron ick lee.....

a verree merree Christmas.....
a happee mew yeer two .....

frum all oh uz in trout towne.....
we loves ewe XXXXX

Da Tabbies O Trout Towne