Wednesday, August 21, 2019

The Cat Days of August

Well, August is in full swing, summer reading is officially over, and the back to school hubbub has begun.  As a result of all that, there are significantly fewer people visiting the library now than during the summer.  This is a good and a bad thing for a cat like me.
The Good- Its much quieter for taking naps.
The Bad- Fewer chin scratches and tummy rubs from all the loving patrons.

Here I am staring longingly out the door wishing someone would come in and pet me.

Where is everyone?
Despite there being fewer humans around, I've still found plenty to do.  Just the other day I found a big black ugly bug and meowed at it till Barb got rid of it.  This is an extremely important job because Newbie Lillian greatly dislikes big bugs (she still has looooottss to learn, like how to give me a proper tummy rub) .  A couple days later something strange was in the trash, so I checked it out to make sure it was safe, or if it was possibly something delicious to eat!
/Sniff/ /Sniff/

I guess Alec thought I wasn't going to share whatever it was, because he moved all the trash into the trash can under his desk!
Seriously?

I never did figure out what was in the trash can, but I'm fairly positive it would have been tasty.  Oh well.
Purrs,
Chance






10 comments:

Summer said...

I'm glad you're keeping yourself busy now that school has started, Chance!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Too much time on your paws Chance? Trash can diving looks like a fun past time.

Jans Funny Farm said...

It's nice to see you are back again after a long hiatus. We're on hiatus now. Be well and enjoy each day.

Neelie said...

Poor Chance, you deserve to have regularly scheduled chin scratches and tummy rubs. Once school begins I'm sure you'll have lots of regular patrons again.

Neelie

Beth Waltz said...

Well done, Chance! Detecting big bugs is a very important task in a well run library. Patrons anticipate finding books about bugs -- not the actual specimens.

Smudge said...

Hey there Chance, this is the first I've met you. Dad loves trips to our local library and after reading this says we should have a resident feline, too. Nice to meet you!

John Bellen said...

You are one conscientious library cat, Chance.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

I have to admit that keeping busy isn't that easy, so you do well when the kids are back in school. Hmm, as to not getting enough chin rubs and tummy tickles — maybe you could get a rota going with the local school, as part of their curriculum?
By the way, great job tracking down that interesting smell. Around here we get mice, though thankfully NOT in the library!
Purrs
ERin

tiger said...

you are soo cute

Catthink said...

Good archive. Cats need our care and better care. From https://catthink.com/