Saturday, October 24, 2020

Cats for Best Pet 2020

     For as long as anyone can remember, people have been fighting over whether cats or dogs are better.  Some prefer a canine companion, while others would rather have a feline friend.  Well, the Youth Department is going to put this debate to rest once and for all.  Next week they will be taking a poll from all voters under 18 to see which pet is really the favorite.  


    Now, I may be a little biased, but I already know who I would vote for.  So incase you aren't quite sure who makes the better pet, let me list some reasons why someone should vote for cats.  


    1. Cats have a pawsitive attitude.  Cats like to look at the bowl like its always half full of treats.

    2.  Cats understand the concept of personal space.  Dogs may get up in your face and lick you, but cats will respect your personal space unless they have a very good reason not to (like getting more treats).  

    3.  Cats are cleaner than dogs.  You may have to give a dog a bath, but cats make less work for you by cleaning themselves . 

    4.  Cats are quieter than dogs.  While dogs bark at anything that moves, cats prefer to only talk when they feel something should really be said.  Like "Wouldn't you like to open the treat drawer now?" or "Why is that loud dog barking outside the door?"

    5.  Cats walk themselves.  Cats don't have to be walked constantly like dogs do, because cats would rather just walk around their house (or library).  

    6.  Cats can do jobs that dogs can't, like working in libraries.  Cats are perfect to work in libraries because they are quiet, professional, and clean.  

    Even if I haven't entirely convinced you, I think we can all agree cats are definitely great pets to have around, so why would you vote any other way?  


Casting my vote,

Chance 

6 comments:

Summer said...

I'm on team cat! But then, I would be.

The Island Cats said...

Cats get our vote!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

We totally agree with you, Chance! I'm trying to talk Mom into driving to your library to vote for us kitties!

John Bellen said...

Yup, I'm with you, Chance: I'd vote 'cat'. But I will say that dogs come in a very close second.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood....we casted R vote for .......FISH......

oh wait, thatz de lunch men ewe :)

for sure catz total lee rool N we look forwerd ta
what de kidz say :)

bee happee N healthee :) ♥♥

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with you, Chance. I would vote for cats, paws down, no convincing needed.