Monday, December 12, 2022

The Chair Thief

 There's a chair thief on the loose in the library.  


Here's what happens:  

First, someone leaves their nice warm chair unattended.  


Second, the thief spies the chair.  

Target acquired

Third, the thief gets into the chair and makes himself comfortable.  

Mine now. 


Fourth, the thief falls asleep in the chair. 

zzz

 

Fifth, the person comes back to the chair only to find that an adorable cat has made the chair their napping spot and they feel so badly about waking them up that they get a new chair to sit on (that's not near as comfortable as the stolen chair).  

Success. 


I'm the chair thief.  


And I'm not sorry about it.  


Some of the staff claim it has become a bit of a problem.  To which I say, they should learn to share.  It's not like I have my own personal chair like some people in this library.  Or any other chairs to choose from.  All the other chairs are either in reach of grabby hands or aren't fit for the BOSS to sit in.  

Except for this chair.  But that's beside the point.  

This chair doesn't count


The point is, some people in this library have been calling me a thief, and I think that's rather unfair.  I only take chairs that aren't currently occupied.  Which is fair game.  




Looking for a napping spot,

Chance






8 comments:

Zoolatry said...

You deserve any chair you choose. After all, it is your library and you are it's one and only official library cat. And it appears to us there are ample other chairs for anyone who wants one. And by the way, Happy Holidays to you, Chance.

pilch92 said...

Well, that is the cutest thief ever.

Melissa, Mudpie and Angel Truffles (Mochas, Mysteries and Meows) said...

Empty chairs are most definitely fair game!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

When will they learn all things belong to cats!

Poppy Q said...

Good work Chance.

John Bellen said...

You are not a thief, Chance; more like a looter... Even so, cats have priority, I say. By the bye, I just noticed your blog's header; how new is it? I will miss Tober's name being there, but he bequeathed you the blog and it is yours now. I think Tober is happy about that.

Lizzie said...

LOL! I think the folks there need to get you your own office chair. Perhaps put a nice cushy bed on it...

Charlie said...

This is not chair stealing! It is the actions of a considerate cat trying to keep a patron's or staff member's chair warm while they are gone. I help my colleague that way all of the time and she is properly grateful.