Saturday, May 13, 2023

Movie Star

 Make way for America's next brightest star, because I just landed my biggest gig on the screen as of yet.  It's only up from here. 

I recently starred in a promotional advertisement for the Thorntown Public Library and our summer reading program.  

Now you may be thinking, "Chance, Thorntown Public Library isn't exactly the big-time movie screen".  And you would be correct. BUT, how many cats do you know who have even acted once??  Exactly, not many.  

So how exactly did I land this prestigious gig?  Well, charm mostly.  And being annoyingly persistent until Assistant Lillian finally relented and put me in her video. 

The video describes all the fun things that a cat (or a kid) can do at the library this summer.  You can check it out at this link  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqWurbt5gOw or on our brand new YouTube page https://www.youtube.com/@ThorntownPublicLibrary.  


Assistant Lillian had a lot of ideas for how to film this video, and some of them were NOT good.  

For example, she thought it would be a good idea to cover me with soap foam to advertise our foam party in the park.  That was basically just a bad idea all around.  I did NOT consent to be covered in soap when I agreed to be her star actor, and the suds make a mess!  

Grumpy because I have suds on my head


The second thing Assistant Lillian did that I did not agree to, was videotaping me while I was sleeping.  No one likes being watched while they are sleeping and especially recorded while they are sleeping.  But now there are several clips of me sleeping, completely unaware that I'm being recorded, that are now on the internet for the whole world to see.  And it makes me look like all I do is sleep, which is FALSE.  I have other hobbies... a few anyways.  


zzz


The third thing Assistant Lillian did was follow me around the library trying to get what she called "candid shots".  At first, the paparazzi were nice.  A famous cat, who is about to have their movie debut, needs a few candid shots.  But after the fourth, fifth, and sixth shot, I was beginning to feel like all privacy was *poof* gone.  I was afraid to use the bathroom because if I did, I just knew Assistant Lillian would find me there for another "candid shot", and I could NOT let that get on the internet.  


Candid of me walking upstairs


Candid of me "playing dead"

Despite her attempts to make me look bad, I think the video promo turned out pretty good.  You'll have to be the ultimate judge of my acting skills, but if I look bad, it's because of Assistant Lillian's subpar video editing skills, and not my fault.  

The paparazzi are chasing me again,

Chance 


4 comments:

Zoolatry said...

Dear Chance, we think you should at the very least receive an OSCAT nomination for your superb work ... handsome, well dressed and well spoken, MEOW! This is the start of a great career fur sure!

pilch92 said...

Congratulations! You are a star.

The Island Cats said...

I want your autograph, Chance!

John Bellen said...

How did I miss this post? Chance, you were terrific in the video! And you're right: how many cats getr to be in ONE video? It's like being a musician and a one-hit wonder. One hit? That's better than most musicians get! And as for always showing you sleeping, well, that was acting, wasn't it? (And I'd like to get me some Chance-Bucks; I'm guessing the exchange rate is high, though...)