Tuesday, November 4, 2008

My very first blog!

Hello! My name is Tober, and I am Thorntown Public Library's newest employee! I am a 2-year-old orange tiger-kitty, and I'm just getting to know my new home. I was rescued by my boss, Karen Niemeyer, who thought that I would be a perfect fit for library work. I live in a staff office in the adult department, where I am learning my new job as PR Director.

This is only my second day at work. I was a bit intimidated on my first day; I spent most of it hiding under a colleague's desk, wondering if I could handle the job. However, I made good use of my evening off, inspecting the facilities, the sleeping arrangements, and the cafeteria, and I've decided that this will be a wonderful place to work!

This morning they took me to the doctor. We could've skipped that (I tried to tell them, but no one wanted to listen), but the people at the Thorntown Veterinary Clinic were very nice. They complimented my looks (nice AND smart!), petted me, and told me I was a good kitty. I came home to my adoring colleagues, and have spent much of the day trying out new chairs and watching our customers come and go.

That's all I have to say for now. I have to get busy working on my job description!

Tober

2 comments:

Jane said...

Everyone at TVC (Thorntown Veterinary Clinic) was thrilled to meet Tober. He is indeed handsome; everyone admired and commented on his good looks. One of our staff members wanted to sneak him home with her, but we wouldn't let her. Tober was very well behaved, quite a gentleman, so he will surely be a great addition to the library staff. Tober is really one lucky cat, he has a great place to live and a boss who really loves animals and takes great care of them. We are looking forward to taking care of Tober and all of his friends as well.

Cat with a Garden said...

We added you to our blog roll right away. You truly are a smart and most handsome mancat and we're delighted that we found your blog. Come by and play with us in our graden sometime!
Siena & Chilli