Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Real Man-Cats Wear Necklaces. . .

. . . but only for a very very short time.

Yesterday I was minding my own business (as usual), taking a nap (as usual), and having dreams about a warehouse full of office furniture. (Each desk had an apple placed on the very corner, ready for me to fling across the room.)

Anyway, I had some Very Nice Young Ladies come to visit me, so I almost fully woke up to greet them. They had a gift that they had made for me. I didn't know what it was, until they scooped me up and slid a Necklace around my neck!

A Necklace is like a collar, only they are usually worn by girls and ladies!

I did not like it one bit. I mushed my head back as far as it would go, trying to make my neck disappear so the Necklace would have to fall off. This made everyone laugh at me! Boy, I was M-A-D. They called me "cute" while they petted my laid-back ears. Because I am a Gentleman and a good Boss, I did not hiss or growl at them.

They put me down on the ground, and I ran for Bonnie's desk. Then I tried to go in my litter-box, but it hadn't been scooped yet, so I panicked and looked around for a good spot. This is when Christine finally came and took the Necklace off of me. (For once she did something useful.)

Then we took a picture:

Mad and upside-down.
Notice how they are very Happy while I am very Un-happy. Also notice that I am upside-down.

At first I was very mad about the Necklace because I thought Necklaces are for girls and ladies. Then I looked in some Library Books and saw pictures of kings from way back when wearing Necklaces. I have decided that Necklaces are appropriate attire, since I am the King. . . er. . . Boss of the Library.

I still do not want to wear one, though.

I have given my Necklace to a cat who lives in My Library's Secret Garden. I would post a picture of him now, but my Photographer has grumpily refused to go outside in the rain.

King of TPL,

Tober

PS--I do think my Necklace is very nice-looking. The cat in the Garden doesn't seem to mind it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You would be so handsome no matter what was hanging around youz neck. Da girlz ober at our place thinkz youz is a very manly-man-cat, wif our wifout a neckie-lace.

Reese =^..^= said...

I wanna see a picture wiff you wearing da necklace! Nah, I'm just kitten.

The Island Cats said...

You don't look very happy, Tober...we don't blame you either!

The Florida Furkids said...

We wouldn't like that either - those girls look pretty happy though. A real Mancat like you could probably get away with a necklace and still be Mancatly!


Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

JC said...

You do look upset.

You did good though.

No hissing ...

Does this happen to you often.

People picking you up for photos ?

And, the cat box wasn't clean

What's going on ?

Are your employees on strike ?

las794 said...

It was very good of you to indulge the girls and not hiss at them, even if you did get upside-downed. :)

Tuck said...

You have every right to be unhappy Tober! Humans are strange creatures!

Amy & the house of cats said...

Tober, I don't blame you for hating the necklace - a lot of kitties hate to have things around their necks. My kitty Kirzon hated his collar so much as a baby that he not only took his off, but his big brother Floyd's too! Now none of my kitties have any sort of neck jewelry. But I bet you would have looked wonderful in it if you did like it - you are cute no matter what!

Poppy Q said...

Tober, I am a ladycat and I don't want to wear a neclace either. I tolerate my collar, but don't do the jewelery.

Your new friends look nice though.