Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tornado Warnings = Fun in the Restrooms!

On Thursday we had spring weather in Indiana.  That means that it gets all blowy out and the staff get uptight.  This time the spring weather was extra spring-y, and the tornado sirens sounded.

When that happens, everybody has to go Downstairs into the library hallway near the restrooms; that area has the least amount of windows and the most amount of hallway.  And me, lucky me, I got to hang out in the bathroom!

It was the Best Day Ever!  Something I love to do, but that I don't get to do anymore now that I'm a Library Cat, is drinking toilet-water.

I thought I was being sneaky about it.

Not so sneaky!
You see, I try to follow custodian Sandy into the restrooms when she's cleaning, but she won't let me go in.  So I try to follow some of the staff into the restrooms, but they won't let me go in.  (Sometimes I serenade them while they're using the facilities, just to let them know I'm still out there, wanting in.)  
But since the lower level ladies' restroom was determined to by my Safe Place during a tornado warning, I had THREE toilets to drink from.  It was great!

I also learned that the lower level ladies' restroom is equipped with the most comfiest cat bed:


It's like it was meant for me!

Not everyone likes tornado warnings.  The staff all had to hang out in the hallway and they didn't have any books to read or toys to play with.  Barb was sad because she had an awesome program scheduled and the tornado warning took up half of it.  So I guess I won't hope for more tornado warnings, but just be thankful that I got my fill of toilet-water and a good snooze in the restroom cat bed.  

Why would they put that bed in the restroom if I'm not allowed in, I wonder?

Chance

6 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

best day ever!

Summer said...

I get the feeling you are the only one who likes tornado warnings, Chance!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood.....while de acomodayshunz iz awesum... we gotta agreez with de staff; tornadoez warningz R knot fun....frank lee we get scared when we haz em { tho we R gonna sneek inta de toy let room now N taste de waterz...thanx for de tip !! } ☺☺ hope all iz well at cauli's place; we noe herz prette close two wear ewe R !!!! ♥♥

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

That is a great room to hang out in until the warnings stop!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Humans are strange! Sleep in the comfy bed anyway, but we don't recommend drinking toilet water. Our siren went off Monday and we've had tornado warnings all day - even now at bedtime - but no sirens today, thankfully. Be safe.

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy to meet you, Chance!! It was great to read your story. You are one fortunate cat, you have found a great home! I am sorry that I did not know you were here sooner, but I will certainly follow you now. You are handsome and fun!
Laura in California