Friday, June 2, 2017

TGIF

I used to think Mondays were the best days. . . and, don't get me wrong, they're still pretty great!  Mondays are wonderful because that's when my people get back to work and there are lots of treats and attentions available.

But Fridays, wow, Fridays have turned out to be something special.  On Fridays we have ladies who come to quilt at a big ol' quilt frame that sits under a window in the Carnegie section of my library.

Cindy brings her cat brush and brushes away some of my extra furs.  The brush is great 'cause it smells like her girl-cat, so I sniff it a lot between brushings.  I imagine her girl-cat thinks the brush smells extra great when it returns home from a Friday visit to the library.  ðŸ’—


I also learned that "quilt frame" is human-speak for "Amazingly Comfortable Cat-Hammock."  I can't believe no one has told me about this before!

This is me and my friend Phyllis.  Phyllis is one of our quilting ladies, and she was also one of my very first friends at the library.  When I was still sick and lived in a staff office, Phyllis would always visit my office to say "hi" to me.  Even when I was feeling extra-rotten and hiding in a corner I would come out to say "hi" back to her.

There's a little extra sag on that end of the quilt.  FYI.
I lounged around on her section of the quilt for a while.  Apparently when I'm on there it makes it difficult for her to work.

Just look at us!  :)
I'm thankful for Cindy's excellent brushings and my visits with Phyllis on Fridays!  Such a lucky guy.  (Don't tell the staff I said that.  It's best that they think I'm needy and deprived at all times.)

TGIF,

Chance

6 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Your secret is safe with me!

John Bellen said...

I chuckled when I saw you in your big hammock, Chance. That looks like it was made for you - but Phyllis does need to work on it, too.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

dood !!!! that quilt hammick iz an awesum place ta chillax.....ya look cozee for sure....N yea...yur sekritz safe with uz buddy ...happee fry day ! ☺☺♥♥

Summer said...

Quilt days are also Chance days apparently!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

How lucky you are, Chance! Now that's the purrfect hammock!

Jans Funny Farm said...

Oh, yes, we can tell you're needy and deprived, you non-spoiled kitty! Best staff doesn't communicate with visitors so your secret is safe.