Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Life is Grand!

I have been given the Life is Grand Award by my lovely friend Poppy Q! She is a beautiful girl-cat who lives in New Zealand with her mum, and she is very accomplished as a taste-tester and cozy-spot-finder. Thanks, Poppy!


I now will tell you five reasons why my Life is Grand:

1. I get to live (and Boss) in a Library. This is especially Grand, since I was found living Outside with no front fingernails to protect myself.

2. I have lots of people who love me--my Library Staff, my kind and gentle Library customers, and my Cat and human friends who visit my blog all the time.

3. There are many soft chairs in my Library, and I get to try them all! My Assistant Boss Karen even put a special blanket in my favorite chair to make it extra-cozy.

4. I get to have my Very Own Blog, and I've met lots of great Cats who have lots of fun stories.

5. My life is extra-exciting because of where I live. . . it is all full of people during the day, but at night I get complete reign over the building, which is 14,000 square feets. That's almost as good as living Outside, and I don't have to worry about something Bad getting ahold of me.

I would like to pass my Life is Grand Award to:

Reese, a pretty little girl-cat who I recently met. She wears a tuxedo even though she's a girl. How cool is that?

One of my earliest Blogging friends, Mr. Tuck. He is a master Contortionist and is working diligently to become a Mancat.

BooBoo Black, who has contributed greatly to the feline community by instructing cats around the world How to Control a Big Chair.

Zippy, Speedy, and Sadie over at Kattonic Cats, who tell wonderfully Funny stories about their humans and each other. They make up a very accomplished Human Bean Training Team. They live in Wisconsin. I wonder if they like cheese?

Kirzon, Floyd, Lola, and Virgil (and their human, Amy) at House of Cats. They are some newer Blogging friends who live in the Land of Illinois, and Amy posts lots of nice stories about them.

Before I go, I had better post a picture of me. Hmmm. . . let's see what the Photographer got on the camera-card:

Manly paws and 'nip.
Oh, I like this one a lot! See that green in the right front of the picture? That's 'nip! I'm getting ready for a good roll in it!

Living Grand-ly,

Tober

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Rollin' in da 'nip iz just da bestest way ta be happie and ta get some exercise, too! We thinkz dat bein' a library cat, like Dewey, iz such a good thing! We iz gonna add youz ta our bloggy furendz so we can visit you lotz!

The Island Cats said...

Rolling in nip??!? Oh, life is grand!!!

BooBoo said...

Thanks for the award Tober.

Jans Funny Farm said...

Hmmm, the photographer missed your head, Tober. Don't suppose the photographer was high on nip too?

Tuck said...

Thanks Tober!!!! Your life certainly is grand!! My mom was telling all her friends at work about you the other day and they all agree that all libraries should have a kitty like you!

Reese =^..^= said...

Well, THANK YOU! I am honored! I really liked your story and especially the pictures.

Poppy Q said...

Hi Tober, I knew your life would be grand!! Nip on the carpet, dude you are living the high life.

Smooches
Poppy Q

Amy & the house of cats said...

Hi Tober, thanks for the award! It is very exciting! It will be up when I post this afternoon!!

I love the picture of your toes - it is very cute. I hope you enjoyed your catnip!!

Percy the Cat said...

That sure sounds like a great life! Nip AND 14,000 sq feets. And blankies, and Bossing. :)

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh boy, nip! Hope yoo had a good roll in it. Thank you fur da award we'll haf mom put it up as soon as she's done running around like a crazy person...and yes, we like cheese! In fact, Zippy is called the "Queen of Cheese" around here. Sharp white cheddar is her favorite but she'll even eat sliced american cheese if dat's all we have.