Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Don't boss the Boss.

Today my Assistant Boss Mommy Karen bossed me. She told me that I needed to pick up my toys. (For the record, they are NOT toys. They are Feline Training Devices.)

My Assistant Assistant Boss Christine found an insultingly girly-pink box for me to keep my "toys" in. She calls this the "toy box."


Man-cats don't have "toy boxes."

Since my Assistant Assistant Boss Britta picked up my "toys" for me (she is a Very Good Employee), I was unaware of this "toy box" until after supper, when I visited the cataloging office to see if people were working. (They were.)

I am NOT happy about this "toy box" situation.


How am I supposed to get my Catnip ball out of there? I don't have thumbs! This is an Outrage! I demand a more Man-catly Feline Training Device Box by the end of the week, or I will. . . I'll. . . ummm. I'll think about that for a bit.

On a happier note, on Sunday I got to supervise a board meeting of the Indiana Gourd Secret Society. The Indiana Gourd Society is a group of people who are wild about gourds, and one of the members, Dallas Lundsford, took a picture of me looking quite Bossly:


I do not know much about gourds except to say that they are all over my Office and they are fun to smack into the wastebasket! Because they are fun to play with, I will approve future meetings of these Gourd Society Types in my library.

Waiting not-patiently for my Mancatly Feline Training Device Box,

(I'm thinking gunmetal gray with flames, or navy with Racing stripes,)

One Tough Cat,

Tober

12 comments:

Percy the Cat said...

My mum has a box that she takes toys from too, but it is also not very mancatly as it is a shoe box. But she keeps the catnip in there and she switches out toys so we always have something new.

I think you need a more mancatly box for your toys. Maybe one of your AABs could paint it a different colour for you.

JC said...

Tober ... I love you !!!

The Whiskeratti said...

Hmm... we are voting for navy with racing stripes. And really, you can't let the hoomins boss YOU around. You do a very good job of standing up for your Feline Rights.

Amy & the house of cats said...

Tober we can sympathize because we have a pick toy box too - and 2/3 of us are mancats (or at least mancats in training). And we agree - they should not boss you around and tell you to pick up your own toys. And anything that is tough to pick up and get out of the box should be exempt from being in there (those aren't the rules at our house, but we can hope that at least one kitty gets fair treatment). Good luck with making them understand!

And those gourds sound like neat toys - we might have to have our mom look into those!

Bengal Duo ~ Zulu and Deene said...

MOL it sound like fun to play with them gourds! I has never seen one of dem. PURRS2U!
Luna

The Island Cats said...

Tober, they could have at least made that toy box blue for a mancat like you. And that's a great picture of you!

Katnip Lounge said...

Tober, Although Mommy thinks the toy box has an attractive pattern, we think you DO need something more ManCatly.

Salem was rolling around a tiny orange (off our Tree) the other day; she agrees that Produce is Fun!

Keiko said...

Pink is not too bad. A stylish Mancat like yourself can pull off pink really well, Tober!!
However, the box is not ergonomically designed for a kitty. We believe this should be rectified!!!
Purrrrs

SeaThreePeeO said...

We have a rather nice box for our cat training devices. Plastic (easily cleans) and a fetching unisex blue.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tober. My cats don't like their cat baskit either.

Glad you are still keeping watch over the library.

Team Tabby said...

Tober, did you get a more mancatly Feline Training Device Box yet? If not, you could borrow a nice wide sharpie pen and color it a more mancatly shade.

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

Flames....yep, that is the one we would want!