Wednesday, July 31, 2019

I'm Baaack!

I'm back (again)!  Things sure do get busy around here, and time has a way of flying!  I can't believe it's been almost two (2!) years since my last post!  That's approximately 24 years in cat years.  Speaking of which, we just celebrated Karen's 25th anniversary of working at the library!

Karen's great.  Boy am I glad she's worked here so long, otherwise she might not have found me such a great place to live.  One of my favorite things to do is wait each and every morning in the children's department, calling her name mournfully until she gets here.  I'm fairly positive it brings her here faster!

Waiting for Karen
If anything, it at least convinces the rest of the staff to feed me a few treats!
Eating a treat while I'm waiting
Well, in celebration of her anniversary the staff presented Karen with a plaque, and then celebrated with pizza, donuts, and cake.  But did they offer me any?  Noooope!  Since no one wanted to share, I decided to take a celebratory nap.  Several hours in, I was rudely awakened by the paparazzi for a picture of me and Karen with her shiny new plaque. 
Why don't I have a plaque?

I wasn’t too impressed.   First no pizza, and then they wake me up from a nap!  I’m going to have to have a talk with these people. 
Purrs,
Chance



12 comments:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

DOOD !!!! grate ta see ya again....we hope thiz findz ya happee healthee N gettin inta trubullz :)

anda happee 25th two Karen; tho itz KNOT RITE ewe waz knot abe bull ta share in de grate eatz...☺☺

{ may bee one oh de kidz will bring ewe in a nice perch pizza pie ??! } ♥♥

Summer said...

Tell Karen congratulations from me, Chance! And don't be a stranger!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Welcome back, Chance! Been so long since we heard from you! You are looking great. And congratulations to Karen on her 25 years at the library!

TimberLove said...

Hey there kit-cat! Good to see woo, pretty rude not to offer YOU pizza too, zeesh. Play bows,

Nuk

Neelie said...

Welcome Back Chance!

We've missed your adventures at the library. How long have you been at the library now, Chance?

Congratulations to Karen on her 25th Anniversary.

Hope to see you again soon.

Neelie

Sabrina Steyling said...

Welcome back to the blog, Chance! I missed you, buddy. It stinks that the humans didn't give you any pizza.

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Well it was kind of you to celebrate along with them despite their not providing kitty treats along with the people treats.. :)

So nice to see you Chance. I hope you don't wait another two years to post again.

Beth Waltz said...

Good to see you're still on the job, Chance. Perhaps you can earn points for pizza by resuming your duties as online cat correspondent for the library?

Jans Funny Farm said...

Congratulations to Karen! She sounds like a treasure. May you two be together the rest of your life.

John Bellen said...

Heck, you came back and I am just learning it now! Glad to see you again, Chance. And happy anniversary to Karen! It's nice to work in a place where you are appreciated.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

Congratulations to you both. It sure looks like a great place to hang out, and all those books must take some looking after, as well as the security patrols and checking on the readers, young and old.
Look forwards to reading lots more of your posts now I have found these.
Toodle pips and purrs
ERin (UK)

tiger said...

no pizza! no way! love you chance. yours tiger