Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Teens are fun to watch!

First of all, I must say that I am a very lucky and happy cat to be living in a climate-controlled building. My coworkers have been coming in and peeling off big coats in the mornings, so it must be cold out.

Today was a very busy day! I spent the morning napping, bathing, and gathering my thoughts, since I must maintain my attractive appearance and friendly attitude for my PR position. The office was very quiet today, except for one bothersome coworker who kept coughing all the time (I think she has a hairball). The others were very nice and stopped to pet me whenever they passed by. As they should.

But this afternoon was crazy! All of the teens showed up at 4:30 for this thing they do. They call it Teen Scribblers, and they get together and write about different stuff on the 2nd and 4th Tuesdays each month. I was a little freaked out at first; I was napping in one of my favorite chairs when I looked up and saw ten people peering back at me through the window. It turns out that I was the topic of the writing project for this week! Can you believe it?

They were supposed to write about what they think I do at night when all of the human employees have gone home. I've heard some of the ideas they had. . . they seem to think that I do very bad things, like knock things off desks and eat paper! Well, they may be right, and they may be wrong. I'll never tell.

I have to admit, this Teen Scribblers thing looked like a lot of fun. It's open to teens 13 and older, and the writing topics change every week. Sometimes they can even freewrite about whatever they want. The next meeting is Tuesday, November 25, so some more teens should come and write, because it is very interesting for me to watch through the window!

Tober

No comments: