Thursday, February 18, 2010

Thought-full Thursday

On this Thursday, I have three very important Thoughts.

First of all, I am sorry that I did not do a Happy Valentine's Day post. I hope everyone got to spend Valentine's Day with someone special. I got a Valentine's visit from my Assistant Boss Karen, so she was my someone special. The rest of the Staff. . . well. . . they are busy bribing me with treats to make up for the oversight.

Second of all, I am thinking that whoever brought this Ginormous Apple didn't think much about the poor, overworked Library Cat that would have to toss it into the wastebasket. So I licked my chops, sniffed at it a bit, and decided to take a nap instead.

It's gonna take a lot of treats to muster the strength (and inclination) to move this one.
Thirdly, my Library is open 57 hours each week, which is Very Good for all of the people who live in our library district and want to come in and check out books and read newspapers and use computers and things. But there are 111 hours a week that we are not open. During about 15 of those hours Assistant Assistant Boss Ritchie (who is Allergic to me but petted my head once anyway because he's a Daredevil) is also here. But for 96 hours each and every week, the in 'n' out board looks like this:

One of these things is not like the other. . .
Hrmph. That's getting a whole bunch of thoughts going. . . like Why don't I get Vacations?

Thought-fully yours,

Tober

9 comments:

Gina said...

awe... you are so thoughtful!

Kea said...

Tober, we just found your blog via the Cat Blogosphere. We think there's a cats' rights issue here; you definitely are entitled to vacations with pay! Or in your case, lots of extra stinky goodness and treats and 'nip, perhaps.

Call a lawyer!

-The Fuzzy Tales crew

Cheyenne -Millie said...

Oh Tober! I agrees! You deserve some vacations! You work entirely too much!

Tuck said...

Hmm, that is very unfair. I think you should demand a vacation. After all, what would that library be without you??

vic said...

mmmm, an apple and the windows without conflict.

Tober the Cat said...

Oh, vic, I did not even think of that! How clever!

Elin said...

Oh Tober, don't be too workaholic!

Everycat said...

Tober that's a lot of hours to be alone. I'm sure you must spend lots of that time sleeping but we do think that you ought to get special payments, over time rates and paid holidays for all these extra Library hours. Don't you ever get lonely there when all the humans have gone home or do you enjoy the peace and quiet?

Whicky Wuudler

Charlemagne and Tamar said...

We definitely think that you're entitled to a vacation for being in charge all of those hours each week!

Charlemagne and Tamar