Sunday, September 1, 2019

Happy Ginger Cat Appreciation Day!!

Happy Ginger Cat Appreciation Day to all my fellow orange cats!  Who knew there was an entire day dedicated to celebrating us?  (I'm finding out that humans will find just about any reason they can to celebrate.)  Did you know that we are considered to be one of the friendliest types of cats?  No wonder everyone likes me so much! 
Who couldn't love this handsome face?

Apparently orange tabby cats also tend to, ahem, eat more than their fair share. Not that I've ever done such a thing, or been called overweight before.
Anyways, in addition to today being Ginger Cat Appreciation Day, September is also Happy Healthy Cat Month!  (I told you humans love to celebrate.  Not that I'm complaining though, more celebrations means potentially more petting!)
While I love the idea of a whole extra month to celebrate cats, the word "healthy" in the title seems a little suspicious to me.  I don't know about you, but whenever I hear the word "healthy" it tends to make me think of something unpleasant.  You guessed it- the V-E-T.  I have a sneaky suspicion that this whole "Happy Healthy Cat Month" thing is really a just way humans remember to take their furry friends to the V-E-T.
Well, regardless, I still plan on celebrating cats this month by taking some nice quiet cat naps and hopefully eating a few treats!
Purrs,
Chance


6 comments:

The Island Cats said...

Hey Chance! Nice to see you. Happy Ginger Cat Day!

John Bellen said...

I love ginger cats, Chance. My first was an orange girl named Tungsten. You are indeed a very friendly sort of cat, you orange boys and girls. But I am with you about the 'healthy' thing; it usually means hard work and bad-tasting food!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Happy Ginger Cat Appreciation Day, Chance! You are one of our favorite gingers!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

happee ginger cat day two ewe dood...a bit late but !!!

N we hope ewe due knot hafta go two....de.....ewe....noe....ware.....place !!!!!

whoa ~~~~

☺☺♥♥

Beth Waltz said...

Happy GCAD, Chance! My first cat was a ginger tom, the Great Gus, who lived to the grand age of 20. We hope you match his record for a long, healthy and happy life.

Erin the Cat Princess said...

We hope you had a great day, and having a great month, too, witout any trips to the Vets, MOL
Purrs
ERin