Friday, March 16, 2012

I get bonus Adorable Points

Friends, I think we might have Hoodie-Hooed a little too hard on February 20. We did not intend to skip Spring and head straight into Summer, but that's what the weather is like here!

One good side-effect of Early Summer is all of the sunpatches lying around in the library. There is a particularly good one in the YA room every morning.


Once I'm warmed up by the sunshines, I really get a hankerin' for a good bellyrub.

Oooooh, here comes a potential bellyrubber right now!


Present the belly in the most irresistible fashion possible:


Notice how I maximize the rubbable area by (a) pulling my front feets up way high and (b) stretching my hind legs waaaaaaay out behind me. This makes my pettable surface area approximately 90% belly and chestal region.

Now, start rolling, dragging, stretching, purring, starfish pawing, and generally looking irresistible. How do you do this?



I know it looks like a whole lot of cuteness is being rewarded with not nearly enough belly-rubbing, but rest assured, I got LOTS of petting for that display of adorability.

Do any of you have any special belly-rub solicitation techniques?

Happy Friday!

Tober

11 comments:

Connie - Tails from the Foster Kittens said...

Oh Tober, I so wish I could be there to give you some more. How about you accept a few long distance mental belly rubs??

Quinn and Angel brandi said...

I wish I could send my mom to visit you. She loves to rub kitty bellies and I don't like it. She would probably give you belly rubs all day.
But I'd need her back for head rubbies and chin scritchies. Sorry. Those are mine.

ellie said...

Our mom is making all kinds of gooey noises over your pictures and video. Looking handsome in the sunshine :)

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

You must have hoodie-hooed enough for us too! It has been purrty warm here, but we don't mind.

We sometimes show off our bellies, but we don't particularly like them touched. Of all of us cats to acutally like it a little, it is Sammy. Since he spent so much time away from humans we are surprised he allows this. My other brofur and I allow Meowm to rub our bellies once in awhile, but only for a couple of strokes!

Happy St. Paddys Day (early)

Sparkle said...

I love belly rubs! And I don't even have to ask for them - my human just pushes me over and starts giving them to me!

dArtagnan Rumblepurr/Diego Hamlet Moonfur said...

Our mummy said something about 'TUMMY WUBBLES' when she saw your picture... we know from experience that tummy wubbles are tummy rubs but she says 'wubble wubble wubble' while she does them...

The Island Cats said...

You sure know how to work it to get your tummy rubbed, Tober!! Good job!!

las794 said...

Rubby rubby rubby....

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Our mom wants to jump in the car and head on down to give you tummy rubs and snorgles!

Mickle in NZ said...

What a beautiful tummy, just right for rubbing!

Daniela said...

Tober, you're the cutest librarian ever. All the best from a librarianship student in Santiago, Chile!!